Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Movie Marathon

Did nothing much this entire weekend other than watching a bunch of movies - Ullam Ketkume on Friday evening, Azhagiya Theeye & Flightplan on Saturday and Virumandi & Vasool Raja MBBS (yet again!) on Sunday.

For the past 2-3 months I wasn't renting DVDs since our BOSE home theater didn't quite work well with our Pioneer DTS/Dolby Receiver & Amplifier. I connected the home theater directly to the DVD player on Friday (since Sujit was away to the east coast) and that worked!

Ullam Ketkume - Watched this one since my brother recommended it. Well I certainly liked Ullam Ketkume for Laila's performance though it had shades of Kajol's role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

Azhagiya Theeye was a lovely flick. Not sure why I had missed this flick for the past year and a half. It is a simple movie with new faces and has nice humor. Of course, I was happy to see that Prakashraj just had a guest role. One gets the feeling that his acting is becoming repetitive and cliched.

Flightplan - I was very reluctant about watching this one, but just made one of those spur-of-the-moment decisions when Prathi asked me to join him when we met in the DVD shop. Jodie Foster carries the entire movie. While I was getting restless during the first hour of the movie, I was just hanging in there for Jodie. The twist in the tale in the last 30-40 minutes was a pleasant surprise and I came out feeling that the 10 bucks that I spent was worth it. It takes guts to make a movie which is very slow-paced and one that has almost the entire story shot in an unbelivably large plane. I am not sure if it will work in the box-office though.

Virumandi and Vasoolraja MBBS - What will happen when two lazy Kamal fans get together for lunch at home? Well Bharani came over for lunch today and we ended up watching Virumandi and Vasoolraja MBBS. We enjoyed every frame of Virumandi though we both were watching for the n'th time. We watched Vasoolraja just for the Crazy Mohan-Kamal combo.

Still had time to go to the DVD shop this night and rent the Kaakha Kaakha DVD. Haven't watched this since I came to the U.S., so planning to watch it sometime this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home